Monday, March 4, 2013

A minor introduction

This is the first of what I hope will be many blog posts by yours truly.  My goal is to turn this into a blog about guitar playing, music, stuff I like, reviews, etc.  Kind of a "this is what I like" sort of thing. 

So first, a little about me.

I'm just a guy that's been obsessed with guitars and guitar playing for the past 25 years.  My name is Aaron Stultz, and I currently reside in Puyallup, WA.  I started playing guitar when I was 12 years old after deciding that I needed to find a way to A) keep up the friendly competition with my best friend, who had been playing piano for several years, and B) to get the interest of the opposite sex.  Since I was decidedly non-athletic, and could be most kindly described as a nerd (well before the term became cool), guitar seemed like the best way to do that.

It certainly helped that I had fallen in love with the hair metal scene, as the only thing that scene had going for it was a plethora of great guitar players.  But it wasn't until an Uncle of mine sat me down and had me listen to Led Zeppelin IV that I decided for sure that this was what I wanted to do.

That's right, "Stairway" made me want to play guitar.  Cliched?  Perhaps.  Did it work?  Yep.  So I ain't complaining.

Since then, I've played in a couple of local originals bands, none of which ever did a lot of gigging, and have spent the past 5-6 years focusing on recording my own stuff on my own terms.  It can be, and has been, said that I don't always work well with others.  Heh.

So that's pretty much me in a nutshell.  At least what I'm willing to put out on the wilds of the intrawebs.  I'm very much looking forward to moving along with this blog over the next several months and years, and seeing where it takes me, and anyone else that may be inclined to read it.  Hopefully the journey will be a fun one for everyone involved.

--Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment